Hey there Ministry Partner!
God has been moving like crazy this past month. I’ve been extremely blessed to reflect on the miracles He’s been showing me and the lessons He’s teaching me. I hope to share a few of those with you in this monthly update:
- On March 26th I was baptized! Hallelujah! Friends, it was truly amazing to get to make this public display of faith. I can say with confidence that having been able to make this decision was incredible and gave a new meaning to actively pursuing God and actively choosing Him each day.
- I was offered a position as one of three University Ambassador Captains for the Ohio State tour guide program. I started training this month and will be working in Columbus before and after my mission to Slovenia! Please pray this could be an area of growth for my abilities in administrative tasks as well as a cool ministry field to enter into.
- I have officially reached 80% of my support raising goal for Slovenia! I still have to raise another $975 by May 22nd. Thank you all so much for your support and continued prayers for this mission! Please pray for other financial and prayer supporters to be raised up.
- Cru at OSU also held its Spring Retreat this month. A number of my close friends that are seniors had the chance to speak in front of 250 students about their experiences in faith. Please pray for the seniors that are heading out of Ohio State to be involved in ministries and to continue seeking God. Also pray that for those that went to retreat to really sit with the lessons and to put into action what God was teaching them that weekend.
- I have officially finished two-thirds of my college career! Praises for finals being over! Pray for students at Ohio State to know their identity is not found in their grades or their academics, but rather in Christ and Christ alone.
- Cru at Ohio State had its Leader Commissioning Banquet this month! God raised up over 150 student leaders to help lead bible studies, do outreach, and disciple other students next year. Please pray for these leaders to continue growing in faith this summer and for their ministries next year!
- I graduated from the Mount Leadership Society Scholars Program at OSU. It was a phenomenal experience getting to grow in leadership throughout these last two years. Please pray for the Mount community going forward to draw near to Him and to continue being an awesome environment for growing a community of service-minded leaders.
- Please be praying for Becky Pettit and Joel Wascom from Glouster Church of Christ who are heading to Haiti on a mission trip. They are friends of a prayer partner, Kiersten Rosser, who goes to church with the both of them!
- I am starting a bible study for this summer for University Ambassadors that may be interested in diving into scripture over break. Please pray for community and for students to come learn more about God’s character and grace!
- Please be praying for the Cru intern team for Ohio State Cru, which includes my girlfriend and other good friends. The team recently had their intern training and have begun support raising and developing their ministry teams. Pray that they continually lean into God’s providence and promises throughout this process; that they could find encouragement from the people they meet with; and that they could deepen their relationship with God and with each other.
- Recently my friend Ethan Roser passed away unexpectedly. Ethan was one of the greatest guys I’ve ever known and loved the LORD so much. He knew scripture and theology and found infinite joy in sharing that faith with other people. He was a freshman at Wheaton College. I rejoice knowing that Ethan is with God in heaven and he is doing all sorts of crazy, fun adventures like he always did. Please be praying for his family and for his friends in Mason, OH and across the world to find peace and healing in the midst of this.
- Bible study for the year is officially over. Please pray for the guys that came to the study from the Bowen, Busch, and Halloran residence halls to grow closer to God this summer and closer in a community of Christ-centered people. Pray that their summer work, missions, and rest would glorify God above all things and that they could seek Him above all else heading into next school year.
Again, thank you so much for your continued prayers and support for the mission to Slovenia, the Church at Ohio State, and for other ministry partners. Please let me know if there is any way I can be praying for you at email@example.com.
Remember, you are incredibly loved and sought after by the God of all things.
Scripture from this Month of Reading: Joshua 1:7-9.
“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”